No announcement yet.

What is your next amp going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These look interesting, EL84s are really my thing, but would a real amp that you can cut down to bedroom volumes, or run direct (I have a Neunaber Iconoclast to run through), would be fun.

ENGL Amplifiers are world renowned Guitar amplifiers for rock and metal, built to the highest quality standards in Germany

Comment

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think I’m going to sell some stuff and get an AxeFX III to pair with my Mesa 2:90.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think I’m going to sell some stuff and get an AxeFX III to pair with my Mesa 2:90.
        That would be a nice rig. What are you selling?
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

That would be a nice rig. What are you selling?
          Thinking of selling the Road King and Splawn Quickrod. Alternatively I might sell the JMP-1/TriAxis/G-Major, that would be more 1:1.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Uses or at one time used? I would doubt that has been the case recently.
            I would guess uses. I read an interview with Tipton where he talked about using the smaller solid state Marhalls in the studio. A couple of people here called bull**** on it. Then another member found a video of Glen in the studio and low and behold he was using a MG30. This was three or four albums back.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I would guess uses. I read an interview with Tipton where he talked about using the smaller solid state Marhalls in the studio. A couple of people here called bull**** on it. Then another member found a video of Glen in the studio and low and behold he was using a MG30. This was three or four albums back.
              Ahh...gotcha. I would imagine Sneap not going that route or Faulkner for that matter. On the flip side, if it works it works. Studio land is often way different than live.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Ahh...gotcha. I would imagine Sneap not going that route or Faulkner for that matter. On the flip side, if it works it works. Studio land is often way different than live.
                Yep. And Sneap is touring only, Glen is still doing the studio stuff.

Comment

I have an Origin 50 head on order.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Yep. And Sneap is touring only, Glen is still doing the studio stuff.
                    What do you mean Glenn is doing the studio stuff? Are you talking playing, producing or both?

Comment

Boss Katana…nort sure which…

Comment

Mesa Mark V:25 1x10 combo!!!

Hopefully soon, if I close the deal I'm working on
                        Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
                        Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
                        Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
                        Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
                        Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
                        Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
                        Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
                        Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
                        Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
                        PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Comment

I stopped amplifier shopping after my BE100. I still have a couple older Marshalls left that I need to send off to Dave for restoration, but I have been very lazy.
                          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

I saw a 1 watt Randall tube head that caught my eye.
                            But that's way low on the list of things that I want to spend money on right now.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've just got a Quilter Cub but when the time comes I'd like to have a crack at the Mach 3.

Comment

I'm honestly pretty happy with the amps I have. If I were to consider another, I'm really liking the Supro Delta. I'm far more likely to get a nice 2x12 than another amp right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X