X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NotDemanic View Post

Not EL-84, EL-34.

Comment

• How does the XLR line out sound on those?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        How does the XLR line out sound on those?
        I have only used it once for home recording, and it was noisier than expected. I think it was designed with live applications in mind. I use the Marshall for live and the Marshall/VOX combo for studio, so I do not need to check it out again. I use the Carvn at the practice space because of the amazing flexibility in the tone-shaping I can easily use it with all three bands

Comment

• Ah, the poor man's Marshall! I love the old fuzzy model with EL34s and pushed with an SD-1 or Rat. Awesome clean channel as well.
          "Life is better in flip flops." - Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

Pre 1987 Carvin X-100 B's was Carvin's answer to the Mesa Boogie Mark 2/3 and Marshall's JCM 800, while the post 1987 X-100 B's were Carvin' answer to the Mesa Boggie Mark 5 and Marshall's JCM 900.
            Those Active Tone Controls and Active 5 band Eq was the deciding factors in tone shaping.

The clean channel on pre 1986 X-100 B, was more Fender like, post 1987's clean channel could get 1960's Vox sounding

Comment

• I get the Fender/Marshall/Mesa Boogie comparisons and agree, but I have never heard anything VOX-like coming out of my amp. That being said, I have never tried to coax a VOX out of it, and with all of the tone shaping in this amp, I would consider it to be entirely possible. Mine is dialed in as a very thumpy hot-rodded 800. So thumpy that my bass player says I am infringing on his sonic territory and he is getting lost in the mix.

Comment

• Sorry to go off topic, but I love that single-bucker Strat, with the Babicz. Interesting volume control. Is that a Screamin' Demon?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Securb_Fender_Strat.png
Views:	50
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	6276856

Comment

• That is my poor Strat; it gets swapped out depending on the weather. It had a P Rails, then a Black Winter, in the picture that is a Colossal Incantation.

Right now, a Dimebucker/Lawrence 250ML vibe is going on for the studio project I am working on.

Comment

Working...
                  X