banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black Winter owner.... Feedback so far????

Originally posted by El Supremo View Post
    Looking for tight bass, more output, good clean up, string to string definition when chording under gain and a cutting lead sound that doesn't get mushy on the low strings past the 12th fret (especially when on the neck pickup). All that whilst having a more brutal yet clear vibe to it.

The Winters seem the way to go judging by the reviews, recommendations and what clips are out there.
    Definitely. I'm going to leave mine stock while we rehearse to get a feel for the guitar and pups. We'll be recording soon, I'll make my decision by then.

Comment

Well, just bit the bullet myself. Hopefully they'll be here around friday.
      Looking forward!

Comment

Wooow.... I can't beleive this thread I started ages ago is still going!!!!
        DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

Well, just bit the bullet myself. Hopefully they'll be here around friday.
          Looking forward!
          Cool, let us know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Order Lord View Post
            Wooow.... I can't beleive this thread I started ages ago is still going!!!!
            Thanks for starting it!

Comment

Originally posted by LazNovak View Post
              Cool, let us know what you think.
              Will do!

Comment

Will do!
                Cool, thanks! I'll have my LP next weekend. Can't wait to hit the studio and plug it into the Boogie! I'll most likely bring my 800 to hear how it sounds with that too.

Comment

El Supremo,

I have a (Wine Red) Les Paul Custom that I've never been able to get the right sound out of. I'm very curious to hear about this pairing.
                  For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
                    El Supremo,

I have a (Wine Red) Les Paul Custom that I've never been able to get the right sound out of. I'm very curious to hear about this pairing.
                    What pups do you have in there now?

Comment

Originally posted by LazNovak View Post
                      What pups do you have in there now?
                      I gave up with an EMG '81/ '85 set running the 18volt mod. It's....ok....it's always been just ok.

I had a JB in there early on and it just didn't work with that guitar at all.
                      For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
                        I gave up with an EMG '81/ '85 set running the 18volt mod. It's....ok....it's always been just ok.

I had a JB in there early on and it just didn't work with that guitar at all.
                        You should try the het set in there, before you rip the active electronics out. You might be surprised.

Comment

UPS apparantly doesn't even work around Ascension day over here nor in Germany (I know the day itself is a holiday).
                          Sucks, because I'll be at work when they'll try and make deliveries next week. Hopefully there's some sort of alternative drop off point where I can pick it up (I know our national postal service has that option). Still have to wait until the first delivery attempt has been made before making any changes in adressing though.

Bummer, was really looking forward to checking them out this weekend (and posting a review of course ). Great weekend to all anyways.

Comment

Still have to wait until the first delivery attempt has been made before making any changes in adressing though.
                            Really? In america or italy if you call UPS with the tracking number and tell him "Hey ill come pick it up at the depot dont put it on the truck" they will do that for you.
                            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                              Really? In america or italy if you call UPS with the tracking number and tell him "Hey ill come pick it up at the depot dont put it on the truck" they will do that for you.
                              You have that option here too. Would be convenient if the depot wasn't halfway across the country for me.
                              Anyways, I've read about UPS Access Points. These are basically retail businesses that will store packages for you until you come and collect them. I really hope that's also the case with cash on delivery orders like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dahla View Post
                                You should try the het set in there, before you rip the active electronics out. You might be surprised.
                                I actually thought about that. These are older than the quick connect, so the work would actually be about the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X