What is your next amp going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sirion View Post

What is the rationale behind this? I'm curious, since I'm in the market for an SLO 30 myself.
    Because it is the Soldano amp that everybody was wanting. If the 100 was the amp (and it is) that the Soldano name was built on and that the guitar player fell in love with (and it is) then why not get that amp?
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Damn it reverb… ok, now this old Champ is gonna be my next amp.
      ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
      2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
      Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

I just purchased a used Carvin SX-100 1x12 combo last month. It's in super clean condition, but someone changed out the factory speaker with an SLM unknown wattage speaker, probably and Eminence of some flavor. I felt that speaker was holding the amp back a bit, and found a like new Eminence Legend rated at 150 watts for low bucks on Reverb. The amp is freaking loud and has an excellent clean channel tone with an ok drive channel tone. Tweaking the controls has brought out some great tone.

Comment

Originally posted by jimeradams View Post
          I just purchased a used Carvin SX-100 1x12 combo last month. It's in super clean condition, but someone changed out the factory speaker with an SLM unknown wattage speaker, probably and Eminence of some flavor. I felt that speaker was holding the amp back a bit, and found a like new Eminence Legend rated at 150 watts for low bucks on Reverb. The amp is freaking loud and has an excellent clean channel tone with an ok drive channel tone. Tweaking the controls has brought out some great tone.
          Does it have that gray carpet covering. Those have always appealed to me for some reason. If I found the head version cheap I would maybe snag it. (n.p.i.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Get the SLO 100
            Would love a SLO 100 but with what I do would never get to really use it. The little 30 is still loud but at least I can get a 30 up in the sweet spot with some of what I do.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Not looking for an amp right now, but bucket list wise, I'd say Dual Rec.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

Would love a SLO 100 but with what I do would never get to really use it. The little 30 is still loud but at least I can get a 30 up in the sweet spot with some of what I do.
                i havent tried the 30 but that makes sense. the slo100 is great but it comes to life with the master half way up which is LOUD, too loud for most gigs

Comment

The Revv G20 looks awesome. Haven't seen or played or even heard one in person, but if videos are to be believed, that amp should do everything I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

Have you played the 30? It still needs some volume to get where you want to be. If you ever can play it loud you will miss the headroom of the 100. Most people now a days have some sort of attenuator or something that can tame volume. I understand the 100 is a chunk of money more but if I was getting an SLO it would definitely be the 100. We all like what we like though and I understand that. Every amp I can remember that I have purchased that had a higher wattage brother, I ended up liking the higher wattage amp. YMMV
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                      The Revv G20 looks awesome. Haven't seen or played or even heard one in person, but if videos are to be believed, that amp should do everything I want.
                      It is a very nice amp. All the Revv stuff is, including their pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

i havent tried the 30 but that makes sense. the slo100 is great but it comes to life with the master half way up which is LOUD, too loud for most gigs
                        BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Comment

tell that to the club owner and sound guy. my buddy has an old slo100 and its awesome but it really doesnt sound its best till the master is up about half way and even with the preamp set about 4 where i like it, its LOUD

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                            tell that to the club owner and sound guy. my buddy has an old slo100 and its awesome but it really doesnt sound its best till the master is up about half way and even with the preamp set about 4 where i like it, its LOUD
                            I understand. I have one and love it. I like LOUD!

Comment

me too, but i also like to be asked back. hence an old deluxe reverb gets used on most gigs

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I have the 100, wonderful amp!
                                I as well. I think it's really one of the gooder ones.
                                I am not at all in any way thinking about another amp however if a Fender Machete head popped up for a decent price, I'd open the wallet.

Comment

Working...
                                X