Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Les Paul Jr.
    Considering what I already have, that does seem like the next logical step.

Comment

I am still doing a lot around the house. If I can free up some money or get a large sale I would like to do an Iommi Old Boy tribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        I am still doing a lot around the house. If I can free up some money or get a large sale I would like to do an Iommi Old Boy tribute.

Did you attach that image or link it, and what’s the electronics setup on it?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Wow, that Iommi would be my 13 year old self's dream guitar. I don't think ergonomically or tonally it would work for me other than as a time machine back to that time.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I want either a double fat Strat or an HH Charvel So Cal. Dark rosewood board, preferably a white body if it’s a Charvel. If it’s a Fender, one of those light blue’s, kinda beat up, with a mint green guard I think. The Fender gets a Wilkinson Trem, the So Cal gets a Floyd, cuz that’s the way they are made.....I don’t really like the way the hardtail looks, though I would actually prefer the So Cal Hardtail.

Candy Apple Red as a runner up on the Fender. I don’t mind putting the Fender together, but I can’t route the body, so it has to be HH or Swimming Pool already. Prefer HSH, but hey. I need to keep my cost down, I can’t spend $1000 on this project. If I go Fender I need to find a decent body for $250 ish and a nice 22 fret neck for $200 or less. I have seen them out there. I found a brand new Fender body on Reverb for $275. H/H. Then I can put my hardware together a little at a time. I have all the Humbuckers in the world.

I know what I can buy the Charvel for, but I really kind of like the idea of assembling my own Strat a bit more. Probably do that with some of my stimulus money.
            Play more guitar.

Comment

An SSS sunburst strat that I am putting together from parts.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                Did you attach that image or link it, and what’s the electronics setup on it?
                I linked to the picture. I am not sure of the electronics on that particular guitar. I think I would go John Birch pickups and a ToneStyler for the bridge tone.

Last edited by Securb; 12-24-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I have this cool flame maple Strat body kicking around. It’s getting a roasted maple Warmoth neck, vintage tuners, a nice bridge (Callaham maybe?). Not sure on the pickups yet, but it’ll be SSS, and the guard color will depend on what stain I use on the body. I’m leaning toward something like shell pink.

Also have a Les Paul, relic’d to look like an old burst. It’s getting new pickups with aged nickel covers. Probably a PAF neck and something just a little beefier in the bridge. Needs new electronics, too, and it’ll have a phase switch.

I’m gonna redo the wiring a bit on my Tele Plus. Reverse the control plate, and probably do away with the mini switch. I already stripped the poly off the neck and refinished it with light oil and wax. It has the Lace Tele pickups and Strat middle, which are all staying as-is. Probably gonna replace the TBX with a push/pull 250k tone that adds neck/bridge, and only affects the bridge pickup. I want to put vintage tuners on it, too. *Maybe* a vintage bridge as well.

My Strat is getting new electronics, but I like the Tex Mex neck and middle... maybe a new bridge humbucker. I don’t dislike the TM bucker, but a little more sizzle would be cool.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I linked to the picture. I am not sure of the electronics on that particular guitar. I think I would go John Birch pickups and a ToneStyler for the bridge tone.

http://www.johnbirchguitarsuk.com/john-birch-guitars-uk
                    im embarrassed to admit, I can’t figure out how to grab an image url on iOS anymore. I used to be able to force touch and either copy the url or open in a new window... now I don’t get that option.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

gonna finish up 2 builds, a jake e lee tribute and a kramer baretta special i refinished.
                      Quality riffs in about a minute...
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I have 3 WIP guitars, I want to get at least one of them finished, preferably two. I dunno how much time I'll have

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

im embarrassed to admit, I can’t figure out how to grab an image url on iOS anymore. I used to be able to force touch and either copy the url or open in a new window... now I don’t get that option.
                          Press the lock screen button and volume up at the same time, assuming you're on an iPhone X of some sort.
                          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Hmmm....A lot of that depends on what pops up on the used market. If I am going new I am on the hunt for another Nik Huber Orca and another Knaggs Steve Stevens in some loud and obnoxious sparkle or cheetah print or something wild. The other hunt for me is ESP Hetfield guitars. Ask me tomorrow and my response will probably differ.
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

‍♂️ no idea right now

something funky
                              My Bands -
                              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I’d like one of those Epiphone T Bird Vintage Pros.

Comment

Working...
                                X