The 2021 "My Next Guitar" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I like that Fender's shape but I'd like 2 humbuckers. Don't know if I'd buy it just to change the pickups, though.
    That thing might lend itself perfectly to the Nighthawk version of the JB.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      I want one of these.Click image for larger version

Name:	5e31211ccf36f67a974ab3a9_Black-Ice-ws6-carbon-fiber-1.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	6043559
      Have you played one? My brother owned one for a while and it definitely had a unique sound. It didn't sound like a typical wood acoustic in the room, but it sure sounded great plugged in. I suppose it's a similar idea to Ovation, but nowhere near as boxy sounding.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I think my next guitar will be a KnE build. I’m thinking a Jackson style with Kramer hockey stick neck and Recessed Floyd....

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I am still doing a lot around the house. If I can free up some money or get a large sale I would like to do an Iommi Old Boy tribute.

That’s my issue too.
          I hoping I’ll be able to replace the windows this spring. Then I have a kitchen and bathroom to finish.
          So money for extras like guitars isn’t really available right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I like that Fender's shape but I'd like 2 humbuckers. Don't know if I'd buy it just to change the pickups, though.
            I liked it as-is because it's only the second one I've seen with Robbie Robertson's pickup layout. I've always wanted to try it, but haven't had a guitar suitable.

Comment

trying to buy my fathers old MIJ Squier Strat. He wans a fortune for it ... but it's a GREAT guitar! :o
              If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post

Have you played one? My brother owned one for a while and it definitely had a unique sound. It didn't sound like a typical wood acoustic in the room, but it sure sounded great plugged in. I suppose it's a similar idea to Ovation, but nowhere near as boxy sounding.
                I tend to like things that don't sound typical and I always loved Ovations.
                I do doubt though, that I would ever be able to afford one.
                But just imagine never having to be concerned about environmental changes.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  I tend to like things that don't sound typical and I always loved Ovations.
                  I do doubt though, that I would ever be able to afford one.
                  But just imagine never having to be concerned about environmental changes.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                  I played in an oldies/country/folk band for a while and the lead singer had a Rainsong and I have to say it was the only time I heard that folk guy play in tune. He was almost tempted to detune it out a bit to make it sound "right, like his other one." Fortunately, the band prevailed.

Comment

I've been battling gas for a jazz box for a couple of years now, and in the last few months it's been getting out of control. Nothing too crazy, not looking for an L5 or anything, but a nice old Norlin workhorse ES 175 or one of those 1980s Ibanez Joe Pass sigs (the one with one neck pickup). Or one of those 70s-80s ES 165 Herb Ellis sigs with the one pickup and the silkscreen Gibson on the headstock. In fact, the more basic/well used and loved the better. I had a chance to get one of the 80s Ibby's pretty cheap (less than a used strat) about 8 years ago and passed, and I think that's the cause of this lingering lust. And, of course, the prices have gone crazy since. Sigh.

Comment

Seriously considering an SG Junior, also my Daemoness Custom Build is getting closer and closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Guitars:
                      Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
                      PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
                      ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
                      Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
                      Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
                      Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
                      Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
                      Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
                      Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Comment

After buying “off the rack” the last couple of years, I’m planning one or two Warmoth based builds this year.

The first on my radar would be an EVH tribute of some sort. The plan would be for a stealth version using a satin black Strat or soloist body with gloss black and some slight red and silver accents.

The other be a chambered VIP body using a Charlie Christian style pickup in a humbucker housing in the neck, and maybe a humbucker sized P-90 in the bridge.

Of course, now, I’m thinking a Velocity body based build...

Comment

Next guitar is a Mule Resonator.....sometime in 2021 after I get through the waitlist

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

I liked it as-is because it's only the second one I've seen with Robbie Robertson's pickup layout. I've always wanted to try it, but haven't had a guitar suitable.
                            You guys are giving me GAS again. I wonder if any pup can be done as a Shop Floor Custom in NightHawk style?
                            You would only need a pickguard to turn virtually any Strat into that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DKSEARS View Post
                              After buying “off the rack” the last couple of years, I’m planning one or two Warmoth based builds this year.

The first on my radar would be an EVH tribute of some sort. The plan would be for a stealth version using a satin black Strat or soloist body with gloss black and some slight red and silver accents.

The other be a chambered VIP body using a Charlie Christian style pickup in a humbucker housing in the neck, and maybe a humbucker sized P-90 in the bridge.

Of course, now, I’m thinking a Velocity body based build...
                              Check out this one on the Warmoth Facebook Group.

Click image for larger version

Name:	285EBED0-5A05-452A-BFA1-0B493D3D2AE5.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	6044157
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

As much as I love Eddie, I've never cared about the guitar itself. But that one is done tastefully. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X