banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^

Comment

• I will say that many people spend as much on the power and the patch cables as a decent pedal.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• New policy: If it isn't actually wired, It doesn't exist. It is just lazy A-holes throwing pedals on boards to tweak me. Pass. Hard pass.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          New policy: If it isn't actually wired, It doesn't exist. It is just lazy A-holes throwing pedals on boards to tweak me. Pass. Hard pass.
          Haha.. can you add a policy of no uncovered feet too?
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Pretend you are watching a superzero movie.
            Fixed - because that is how many REVIEWS of this you are getting from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Cable management is an integral part of a pedalboard. How the cables are connected, where they are hidden, how neat it all is. They have to be accessible to get to in case you are at a gig and you get no sound- it can be any of the cables, so you have to be able to swap them easily. But out of the way and cut to length so birds don't nest there. Power cables count, as well as how the pedals are attached.
              Dave gets it. Because he riffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Haha.. can you add a policy of no uncovered feet too?
                This goes without saying. Or should. No feet period. At least not man feet. I wasn't gonna mention the pink socks, but...

Comment

• Once I started gigging again I drastically reduced my board. The Petaltrain Pro seemed heavier than my Marshall plus the industrial velcro was failing in the heat with the larger pedals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    Once I started gigging again I drastically reduced my board. The Petaltrain Pro seemed heavier than my Marshall plus the industrial velcro was failing in the heat with the larger pedals.
                    I think we start realizing this more as our gear starts leaving the house, we pack it up and un pack it at the gig. More stuff is more stuff to keep track of, more to carry, and you will be amazed at how little you can actually get away with using on a gig. Look at some of those fly rigs many guitarists use for weekend 'fly dates'. If it doesn't fit in the overhead, it doesn't make it. We might not always be able to get away with that little, but it is fun to try.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Once I started gigging again I drastically reduced my board. The Petaltrain Pro seemed heavier than my Marshall plus the industrial velcro was failing in the heat with the larger pedals.
                      I keep my setup light for rehearsals. I go DI with the Fly Rig 5 and one or two other pedals. For a while it was just the FR and MXR 5150 OD but I've adding the Keeley Compressor Plus to the rehearsal setup for clean passages to have more sustain to them. Pulled out the old Cuisinart cutting board turned pedalboard again for that. For live gigs I'll put them back on the Pedaltrain with the others.

Comment

I bolted down my gig pedals using the underside threading through the pedal board surface. Rock Solid

Can't do with pedal wobble on things like Tremelo timing and channel switching where accuracy and timing in milliseconds is paramount.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Steve Dallas, to cover like 15 different bands, all with different modulation, delays and special effects has
                          1. Morley Wah
                          2. Amp channel/boost switch
                          3. Zoom 3N
                          4. EHX Synth 9

Comment

• When I was making my first pedalboard (I make my own, board, cables, connectors, tolex, the works)
                            I decided to use bike chain as hold-downs and screw the pedals down. Idiot.
                            Jezus, it took several days and I broke like 3 punches taking an entire bike chain apart, link by link by link.
                            That...was nearly human torture. Still have those stupid-ass things in a box somewhere.
                            Last edited by Drak; 02-22-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drak View Post
                              When I was making my first pedalboard (I make my own, board, cables, connectors, tolex, the works)
                              Jezus, it took several days and I broke like 3 punches taking an entire bike chain apart, link by link by link.
                              That...was nearly human torture. Still have those stupid-ass things in a box somewhere.
                              There was a product being made a few years ago called Pedal Stompers, I think. They were essentially shaped like a bicycle chain link.
                              I bought some and use(d) them. They worked well enough but some pedals screws weren’t long enough to accommodate the extra width from the link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drak View Post
                                When I was making my first pedalboard (I make my own, board, cables, connectors, tolex, the works)
                                Use a proper chainbreaker tool to take bike chain apart next time. They're like 20$ at most. I've used mine to resize a lot of bike chains, and they're pretty indestructible/fool proof.
                                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X