This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciao!
    I’ve been lurking for a while, and this is my first post. I found the discussions about fake replicas of one of the world's most famous brands, like Seymour Duncan, very interesting. I bought a Jazz and a JB from Amazon, and now I have a thousand worries (although Amazon is unlikely to risk selling counterfeit products...). Do you think I can relax? (Pics are about the Jazz)

Comment

• Welcome to the forum.

Looks like a new production Jazz Neck, made February 23, 2023, to me.

Comment

• Who was the actual seller?

Looks legitimate, but I would make sure to only buy from Authorized Dealers.

Comment

• Sure. Just write a letter to 'the party' explaining how those products are secretly giving out messages to overthrow 'the party'. They'll take care of it real quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Sure. Just write a letter to 'the party' explaining how those products are secretly giving out messages to overthrow 'the party'. They'll take care of it real quick.
            LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by justFred View Post
              Is there a way to report this fraud that is effective?
              No, and that's why buying any of the popular models (JB, Jazz, 59, etc) from unauthorized dealers is so risky now!

The counterfeiters have them completely copied, right down to the retail packaging!

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't trust most stuff online unless from an authorized dealer. This is why this thread exists.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• I think I bought the duckbucker single coil sized humbucker for strat on ebay but I learned in another thread that the white pickup cover can't be removed.
                  I can remove the white plastic pickup cover on mine, revealing a greenish housing.
                  I dont have a picture of my duckbucker pickup but may I see a picture of a real duckbucker without the white pickup cover to see if it is similar to mine?

Or is there a better way to know if it's a real one? Should I test the output with a multimeter to see if the resistance is 2.5k ?

Thank you

Comment

• Pick up a set of humbuckers, a neck 59 4 conductor and a JB model. They were second hand but supposed to be brand new. Everything looks brand new and legit.
                    The thing I'm wondering is that everywhere I look, the 59 never came from the production line with the "Seymour Duncan" white logo on the front.
                    Everything looks good and I measured 3.7k on each coil for a total of 7.4k, which is what SD spec is on that one. Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour 59 #1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	6274453 Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour 59 #2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	6274454 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• The 59n I have from 2013 has white lettering on it.
                      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                      Jackson Soloist 7 string
                      ESP LTD M-400
                      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

• I thought all OEM sets for particular model guitars have the white logo on the 59n

Comment

• Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          I thought all OEM sets for particular model guitars have the white logo on the 59n
                          The ones I’ve seen in stores don’t have it. If you build one on the SD website, it starts with the logo in the picture, but once you select 1C or 4C the logo disappears from the picture.
                          Looks like a a Dec/2019 build date.Maybe they did a run in 2019?

Comment

• Can you spot the wire color trough the hole?

Comment

• Originally posted by hank75 View Post
                              Pick up a set of humbuckers, a neck 59 4 conductor and a JB model. They were second hand but supposed to be brand new. Everything looks brand new and legit.
                              The thing I'm wondering is that everywhere I look, the 59 never came from the production line with the "Seymour Duncan" white logo on the front.
                              Everything looks good and I measured 3.7k on each coil for a total of 7.4k, which is what SD spec is on that one. Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour 59 #1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	6274453 Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour 59 #2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	6274454 ​​​​​​​
                              Had another look!
                              i think those are fakes:
                              the self cutting screws look wrong, especially for a recent one!
                              also the slut of the screws I too thin. Also the screws don’t have the small flat top.
                              the hole where you can spot the wiring is in the middle between edge and polepieces, where as on my it’s pretty close to the pole piece!
                              the tooling marks for bending the legs is also not the typical mark

Comment

Working...
                              X