No announcement yet.

NAD - Frankly I am impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Carvin 4x12 has 12M-70's. I love them. Plenty of thump and cut.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

It has Celestion G12m-70s in it. They sound great even though cork sniffers look down on them. I might throw my Celestion black-backs with the Pulsonic cones in there when I get a chance. I am in no rush the cab sounds great.
      Your tone is always where you find it. I took heat for years on my SD pickups and Kahler trems. Rock that cab as is!
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

So...<deep exhale>...I was playing the Carvin and when I hit the BOOST switch the DRIVE knob would no longer work and the amp got incredibly noisy. I am guessing it was modded in some way, modded badly. I was disappointed, to say the least. Guitar Center was cool. They took the amp back and refunded me all of my money including shipping. I found another X100B 30 miles away in MA. I took my Strat down and played it. Then turned every knob and switch. It is in great condition save a couple of nicks and it had the original footswitch which is rare. The footswitches are never with the amp and you can't find them anywhere. I am whole again and I am enjoying my new old Carvin.

My fear was whatever mod was done was giving me that beautiful high-gain tone. However this amp seems to have the same high gain sound, it actually sounds better. There is a set of JJ EL34s in it. I haven't opened it up to look at the preamp tubes yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
          The view from the expressway:

I just drove the amp home on the Rt 93 N Depressedway.

Comment

Looks beat up.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

So...<deep exhale>...I was playing the Carvin and when I hit the BOOST switch the DRIVE knob would no longer work and the amp got incredibly noisy. I am guessing it was modded in some way, modded badly. I was disappointed, to say the least. Guitar Center was cool. They took the amp back and refunded me all of my money including shipping. I found another X100B 30 miles away in MA. I took my Strat down and played it. Then turned every knob and switch. It is in great condition save a couple of nicks and it had the original footswitch which is rare. The footswitches are never with the amp and you can't find them anywhere. I am whole again and I am enjoying my new old Carvin.

My fear was whatever mod was done was giving me that beautiful high-gain tone. However this amp seems to have the same high gain sound, it actually sounds better. There is a set of JJ EL34s in it. I haven't opened it up to look at the preamp tubes yet.

Wow, what luck!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Wow, what luck!
                Very lucky. I was playing around with some recording levels this morning I thought I would upload my first samples. This is nowhere near finished or polished. The first track is the Gibson Les Paul Lite (WLHs) on the RHYTHM setting will a bit of REVERB and no EQ, The amp is set very natural across the board (everything at 5). The second track is My Les Paul Goldtop with Burstbuckers, the GAIN is dimed and there is a ton of wet REVERB the EQ is set on a smiley face.

Both tracks are using the DIRECT OUT of the Cavin and an SM57 on the front of the amp.

Last edited by Securb; 04-18-2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Rockin out! The amp sounds great!
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

So angry! I like it....
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Nice. You should put that Dirt Clod into the clean channel with the eq engaged. And the "bright" switch on.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

OMG it has JJs in it? that amp must be trash and ruined..... throw it away plz. ***Sarcasm***
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

That amp sounds TERRIBLE. You should send it to me immediately for disposal.
                          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Whatever happened to frank lee?

Comment

Thanks for all of the kudos and kind words guys. I am going to play with the effects loop and clean settings next. If I come up with anything interesting I will be sure to post it.

Comment

Thank you for including me.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X